City Hall Main Number: 903-425-4702
Water and Wastewater 903-425-4702
Water and Wastewater Usage Rates
Emergency Number 903-603-2000
If you would like to sign up for water and wastewater service, please fill out our application and drop it off at City Hall.
- Water Deposit: $150 (refundable except for $10 administrative fee when you end service)
- Bills are due by the 10th of each month. Bills paid after the 10th will have a $20 late charge added to the next month's bill.
- Water service will be disconnected if a bill is not paid by 4:30 PM on the 20th of the month.
- If you know you are going to be late on your water bill, please contact us so that your water service is not interrupted. An extension on the bill can be given for a $35 fee. Reconnect fee for disconnected water is $70.
To see how water bills are calculated, please click on current rates here.
Please call the 24-hour emergency number if you have an after-hours water or sewer emergency. If it is not answered immediately, leave a message with the location of the emergency and your phone number so that we can call you back within 15 minutes.
City staff will respond as promptly as possible to manage City-owned water and sewer lines. Please be aware that the City is not responsible for leaks, clogs or line breaks which may occur within your plumbing system on your property. If we determine that the issue does not involve City lines or equipment, you may need to call a plumber to resolve the problem.
Regular Trash Pick-up
The City of Eustace contracts with Progressive Waste Solutions to provide weekly trash pick-up. Monthly garbage rate as of October 2013 is $10.49 per month. To sign up for trash service, contact City Hall.
Garbage collection begins at 7:00 AM every Wednesday. Please have your trash ready for pick-up by that time. In the event that a holiday falls on a Wednesday, your garbage will be collected as usual the day following the holiday.
If you experience a problem with your regular trash pick-up, please contact City Hall, and we will be happy to assist you.
The City does not operate a dump; however, there is a nearby facility operated by Henderson County to dispose of larger quantities of trash. Click here for more information. Any questions about this facility may be directed to Henderson County.
Before you burn, please read the following!
You are responsible for ensuring a safe and controlled burn!
A permit is required to burn items on your property. You can obtain one free of charge at City Hall. Even with a permit, burning is prohibited between 6:00 PM and 9:00 AM.
When dry weather conditions exist, Henderson County institutes a temporary burn ban. The City strictly enforces these bans within city limits. Burn permits will not be issued while a burn ban is in effect. You can receive a citation if you ignore a burn ban.
The City of Eustace allows residents to burn limited material on their property. Please use safety precautions when you conduct a controlled burn and be aware of the following:
- You are not allowed to burn certain types of items, including those listed in the yellow box on the right.
- Never leave a fire unattended.
- Pay attention to wind conditions. If it is windy outside, please use common sense and do not risk the destruction of your property or others'.
- Remember that you are not just monitoring the fire on the ground. Burning ash rises into the air and can start fires a good distance away.
- Do not burn items in close quarters with structures or trees. 50 feet is generally considered a safer distance to prevent airborne ash from starting a fire on a nearby structure.
- Be considerate of your neighbors and avoid burning on a day when smoke will drift to their residence.
- Take thorough precautions to ensure that a fire is completely out before you leave it.
- Please remember: IF YOUR FIRE GETS OUT OF CONTROL AND DAMAGES OR DESTROYS SOMEONE ELSE'S PROPERTY, YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE .
If you lose control of a fire, CALL 911 IMMEDIATELY!
For more information on safe burning, visit the Henderson County Fire Marshal's webpage here.
Scroll down the page for information on
TRASH SERVICE and OUTDOOR BURNING
Do NOT Burn:
- Non-wood construction/demolition materials
- Potentially explosive materials
- Items containing natural or synthetic rubber
Texas state law prohibits burning the above materials!